Astral Hoop Care Intructions
Here are a few quick tips to keep your new hoop running like new for years to come.
- Avoid getting your hoop wet or exposing it to damp conditions.
- Store you hoop at room temperature (60 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or excessive heat such as a car parked in the sun on a hot summer day.
- Avoid exposure to extreme cold. This is especially important for polypropylene hoops as polypropylene becomes brittle when cold and can crack from extreme cold. Also be extra cautious when hooping with a cold polypropylene hoop. Cold tubing will fail with less force than it will at room temperature.
- It's important to understand the physical limits of your hoop. The tubing used to make these and other hoops have a limit of how much force it can withstand before failing. The weight added by the LED circuit as well as the holes drilled for for the circuit interfaces compound this limit. Abrupt moves such as breaks, reversals, wedgies and paddles can apply more force than the tubing can take and should be done with care.
- Place tape over the switch when hooping in dirty or sandy conditions. Switches don’t like dirt or sand. Use only the charging adapter that came with your hoop. Unplug the hoop after charging.
- Don't store the hoop with the battery completely drained. This can shorten the battery life.
- Hooping on a soft surface such as grass or carpet is best for your hoop. The hoop is designed to be durable, but use care not to excessively beat it or throw it at the ground.
- When collapsing your hoop for travel, coil it carefully and never smaller than 20” in diameter. LED smart hoops are not meant to be double coiled (coiled around and re-connected). Hairline cracks can develop on the microprocessor board from being coiled too tightly.
- Love your hoop and your hoop will love you back.